Agora (VOTE) aims to become the first blockchain-based platform to give the ability to vote online to citizens from everywhere in the world.
Their end-to-end technology eradicates fraud and corruption using their own platform, creating an open and transparent record of the election on a custom blockchain.
Agora has built a multi-layer architecture based on blockchain technology, it includes several innovations that have been developed by their team. The blockchain is called the Bulletin Board, which is a distributed permission ledger based on the Skipchain architecture.
The project is composed of five technology layers: The Bulletin Board blockchain, Cotena, the Bitcoin blockchain, the Valeda network, and Votapp. They communicate with each other at various instances throughout the election process to provide a cryptographically secure voting environment with auditable proofs.
Agora utilizes Cast-or-Challenge validation on their platform due to its simplicity.
The voting systems used in most countries today are inefficient and outdated for modern voters, the team has identified 4 main problems:
Auditors were shown to reach different results for the same set of ballots 2 times out of 5.
Voting machines in use in the US were hacked in 90 minutes.
Paper-related expenses raise up to 46% of election cost in France.
- SLOW & DIFFICULT TO ACCESS
Elections results can take up to 15 days to be available in Ukraine.
Some US voters have to wait for 6 to 7 hours to access to their polling stations.
- CAUSE OF CONFLICT
Election-related violence was the primary source of concern for many Kenyans in 2017.
To bring voting into the digital age, they’ve developed a digital solution that ensures security, transparency, and support for new devices, here the solutions the project will bring:
- TAMPER-PROOF: Results cannot be altered due to the blockchain technology.
- TRANSPARENT: The voting process is fully transparent.
- PRIVATE: Chooses of voters are private and secured.
- ACCESSIBLE: Voters can access into the system from everywhere in the world.
- AFFORDABLE: Costs are drastically lowered.
- TENSION-LESS: Eliminates violence.
The team of Proof of Toss consists of 12 members and 3 advisors:
- LEONARDO GAMMAR, CEO
Leonardo is a financial engineer, programmer, and pilot, he received an award by the president Chirac by the age of 8. He patented his first invention at 20, a CO2 reducer for cars, widely used in Africa. Leonardo built, ran and sold two profitable trading algorithms to one of the world’s top 15 largest hedge funds. Then he began investing in academic research on the blockchain consensus models, developing mission-driven projects which led to the birth of Agora and using this knowledge to offer blockchain consulting services through Lae Technologies Ltd.
- BORIS KAPLOUNOVSKI, CTO
Boris started to work for the JavaCard team at Sun Microsystem where worked on an implementation of an app store for J2ME applications. Then he took part in the Intel XML Gateway project, a software solution for accelerating, orchestrating and securing applications based on service-oriented architecture, after 7 years at Intel as a lead software engineer, he decided to switch technology stack and apply his competence to e-commerce.
You can find all the team members and advisors here:
Pre-sale is now live. (from 14 May 2018)
Crowd -sale to be announced.
- Token: VOTE
- ICO Price: $0.051
- Bonus: Available
- Bounty: Available
- MVP/Prototype: Working product ready
- Accepting: ETH
- Soft cap: 1.25 Million USD
- Hard cap: 20 Million USD
- Country: Swiss
- Whitelist/KYC: KYC & Whitelist
Community Around It:
- Twitter: 12.000 Followers;
- Facebook: 321 Likes;
- Medium: 212 Followers;
- Telegram: 17.182 Members
Latest relevant News
- Interview with the Head of the Backend Igor (November, 2)
- Agora Mechanism (November, 1)
- Blockchain elections explained (October, 30)
To stay updated:
There are not many competitors actually in this field, searching the web I’ve found projects (specifically mobile apps projects) like Horizonstate, Voatz, and Polys and https://followmyvote.com/, let’s compare the project with this last one aforementioned.
- Team – Team of Agora.vote is very well experienced, starting from the CEO you can understand from his description above how brilliant it is, they don’t have a great previous experience in the blockchain field, but this is common due to the new technology. The team of FollowMyVote is weaker, only 5 people are actually working on the project, and only one of them has coding experience, others are all marketers.
- Idea – The idea behind could be revolutionary, in many countries we have problems with manipulated polls and this could lead to a new level of security.
- MVP – Both have an MVP ready, for FollowMyVote you have to request it by a form here: https://followmyvote.com/demo-request/ for Agora.vote, they are actually organizing votes so their system is ready, you can see here an example: https://docdro.id/Tc5mWlz
- Supply – 1 billion VOTE tokens will ever be generated, which is the Max supply, for FollowMyVote, I wasn’t able to find this information.
Well, the idea is pretty good and could work, I see some difficulties in the path, make deals with governs is always hard, but they are starting from Universities and smaller realities and they already have been in the election of Sierra Leone in 2018, here the article: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b0be2f4e2ccd12e7e8a9be9/t/5b6054240e2e72e41d0901e9/1533039652555/Press+release+Agora+Sierra+Leone.pdf
The team is well experienced and all the important rules are covered, they have a good community behind and they are waiting for a better market condition to launch the crowd sale.
They are also very active on socials sharing a lot of news about the project and team, about the Sierra Leone vote, you can see pictures of the event here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VrFldkIKgoqzeZvs496OlSKKb3v4zubM
Overall, I think this is a very good project, they don’t have also a lot of competitors, which is very good and they worked pretty well until now.
- Telegram: https://t.me/agorablockchain
- Website: https://www.agora.vote/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AgoraBlockchain/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgoraBlockchain
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/agora/
- Medium: https://medium.com/agorablockchain
By Michele Costa
- Experienced team
- Working product ready and tested to the Sierra Leone election
- Low competition
- Deal with governs could be very hard
- Very long pre-sale time (from 14 May 2018) and still waiting for the crowd sale