Ark (ARK) aims to connect different blockchains through their “smart bridges”, a revolutionary protocol to obtain the interoperability of the blockchains.
The project is a DPOS (delegated proof of stake) blockchain, includes support for many different languages, the goal is to give everyone the power to easily create, customize and scale their own blockchain networks by combining innovative network design with accessible & extensible software.
The platform is an Open source and they have a team from all the world and all works only from remote.
With their 8 seconds per block, is one of the fastest in the industry.
Ark has a lot of partners; among them, we can find:
- Ledger – https://blog.ark.io/ark-to-be-available-on-ledger-hardware-wallet-f57c4f6a792d
- Crypto Union – https://blog.ark.io/building-an-ecosystem-ark-announces-partnership-with-%C3%B8-crypto-union-ee11f740c32f
- Marachain – https://blog.ark.io/building-an-ecosystem-ark-announces-partnership-with-marachain-cb926e80303f
- MLH – https://blog.ark.io/ark-partners-with-major-league-hacking-aedd17ad41f9
- Hiway.io – https://blog.ark.io/ark-announces-partnership-with-blockchain-hr-marketplace-hiway-io-20f4625ac7a3
Ark has a lot of interesting features, but the most important three are:
- Alternative Programming Languages
- Push Button Deployable Blockchains
Let’s analyze them in details:
Smartbridges is a system created by Ark to connect different blockchains and let them communicate; Ark becomes an intermediary between two or more blockchains and gives the ability to trigger events on other chains. There are some other projects working on the interoperability like AION.
Alternative Programming Languages
Ark’s team stated clearly from the beginning, that they wanted to add as more different languages support, at the time of writing Ark is compatible with the following coding languages:
- TypeScript API
- Swift iOS
Push Button Deployable Blockchains
Deployable blockchains, means that everyone with just a few clicks is able to deploy its own blockchain, it’s similar to Ethereum but without costs, moreover, these new blockchains will come with the “smart bridge” feature integrated.
Info, News and ICO Results
At the moment, the price of ARK is sitting at $0,744126 USD (4,78%) with a market capitalization of $78.690.537 USD and $666.666 USD 24H volume.
The circulating supply is 105.748.920 ARK and the total supply is 136.998.920 ARK.
ICO was live from the 7. Nov 2016 to 11. Dec 2016 and price of the coin was 1 ARK=0.1 USD.
During the ICO they’ve raised 942,593 USD and there weren’t restrictions for any country and no KYC were required.
ATH price was $10.91 on the 9th January 2018 and the ATH market cap was $1.01B on the 11th January 2018.
Community Around It:
Ark does not have a Telegram channel, use instead Discord, on the other channels, we have:
- Twitter: 63.900 Followers;
- Facebook: 8.143 Likes;
- YouTube: 2.600 Followers;
- Reddit: 21.800 Subscribers.
Regarding recent news, you can have a look at the links below for the last relevant updates:
- ARK Core v2 Testing: Dynamic Fees (October 8th)
- A project updates (October 5th)
- Community Spotlight (October 4th)
To stay updated: https://blog.ark.io/
The main goal of ARK is to connect blockchains, same as AION, let’s compare these two big projects:
Team – ARK was founded by 27 people from around the world. Currently, ARK has 23 core team members, coming from 11 different countries, giving a decentralized team a whole new meaning. Ark’s team is very solid, they are very active on social platforms keep the community updated and their work is a state of the art, always on track.
Aion’s team is also a good one, a large number of team members, distributed in three different locations, Barbados, Shanghai, and the biggest one, Toronto. They have a great CEO Matthew spoke and great engineers.
Idea – The idea of both is very articulated, these two projects are not like the other thousand projects out there on market, they are very different and they upgrade their functionalities and team capacity every month.
MVP – We are a long way from the past MVP’s, both have now a working platform, with many unique features in most of the cases, I suggest you read my past article about Aion to better comprehend their platform:
Tokens – About token availability, we have a total supply of 465.934.587 AION and 136.999.820 for ARK.
- Co-founder of Bitseed
- Previously Organizer at Google Ara developers SF
- Studied Engineering and Applied Science at Caltech
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
- Over 25 years of experience in mechanical engineering and design
- Innovative Information Systems expertise
- Environment and Maritime Policy Scientific Adviser and Project Manager
- Groovy/Grails, meteorjs and nodejs. Full-stack Developer
- The developer of SAR Images analysis platform dedicated to Maritime Surveillance
- Master in telecommunications at Institut National des Télécommunications in France
You can see all the team members and advisory board here:
Considerations About What We Have Seen
It’s rare to find a project like this, this is a massive project, even the team is decentralized, also they are very capable as seen in these last months of developing.
They have a great community behind, ready to help new users and even developers, have a look of their Discord channel here: https://discordapp.com/invite/VNRfxwQ
We’ve seen only the surface of the project, if you intend to know more about the project, read about their Delegated Proof-of-Stake, network fees soon will change (actually sending ARK to another wallet will cost you 0.1 ARK), read about their desktop wallet, paper wallet, web lite wallet, mobile wallets app and read every information you can get on their website here: https://ark.io/, you will understand the huge project behind.
- Website: https://ark.io/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArkEcosystem/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArkEcosystem
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpc2k6zOOutGT9y56urDClg
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/arkecosystem
- BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1649695.0
- Steemit: https://steemit.com/@arkecosystem
- Slack: https://ark.io/slack
- Gitter dev chat: https://gitter.im/ark-developers/Lobby
By Michele Costa