What is TheArtToken (TAT)?
TheArtToken (TAT) is an investment opportunity issued using Swarm Fund’s technology. TAT allows investors to profit from the combined benefits of the blockchain technology and the oldest man-made tangible asset in the world, art.
Each purchased token represents fractional ownership of a collection of Post War & Contemporary Art worth $4.1 million USD, managed by the experts at Fine Art Digital, kept in a Swiss warehouse and secured by the Swiss government.
All funds collected in the security token offering (STO) are after investing converted directly into the tangible asset and this way protected against fluctuations and volatility on the crypto market. The art collection in question has had a certified return on investment of +10.85% p.a. on average for more than 50 years.
Moreover, investors can trade their TATs daily on exchanges, participate in the security and annual appreciation of the assets by holding them or even redeeming TATs into artworks.
TheArtToken (TAT) is the first investment opportunity on the Swarm platform to accept fiat investments in more than 30 global currencies.
The cryptocurrencies world is characterized by the extreme volatility of the market. It is therefore impossible to make predictable investments in the long run and to accumulate money without speculating.
The great potential for appreciation carries an even greater risk of large losses. Many digital currencies, tokens, and ICOs are mostly based just on an idea, a vision, whose probability of occurrence remains indefinable.
TheArtToken (TAT) is backed and secured in value by a solid, internationally curated art collection. Internationally traded masterpieces of contemporary art form the basis for security and permanence of investors’ crypto assets.
You can find out more in their factsheet.
The team behind this project comprises enthusiasts with experience in quite a few relevant fields. Only a few people worth mentioning are: Oliver T. Röhl (with extensive experience in sales and the COO in KMS Fine Art Group), Dr. Remko van Ekelen (the CEO in Amergeris Wealth Management Group), Cyrill Troendle (also the CEO of SCX – Swiss Crypto Exchange and with 2 ICOs behind him), and many, many more.
Find out more at the project’s website.
TheArtToken (TAT) doesn’t have social media channels, but here is some of the news coverage on the token:
- TheArtToken (TAT), a revolutionary approach to Art investing on the blockchain, has raised more than USD $5 Million on Swarm.
- Swarm’s Most Successful Investment Opportunity Yet with TheArtToken (TAT) & New Fiat Gateway
Token Sale Info
- Phase I Start Date: December 4, 2018
- Phase I End Date: December 25, 2018
- Phase II Start Date: December 25, 2018
- Phase II End Date: January 8, 2019
- Phase III Start Date: January 8, 2019
- Phase III End Date: January 15, 2019
- Soft Cap: $16,000,000 USD
- Hard Cap: $ 25,000,000 USD
- Token Symbol: TAT
- Token Sale Price: 1 TAT = $1 USD
- Blockchain Used: Swarm
- Token Type: Security
Token sales are conducted in three steps. In the first step, TATs are offered exclusively for sale through Swarm (www.swarm.fund). In the second step, the token will be open for purchase through an STO. The final step involves token listing on partner exchanges.
Roadmap for 2019
- TAT STO
- Listing on Swiss and international token exchanges
- International art exhibitions and customer events
- TAT active portfolio management
With its approach, TheArtToken (TAT) has almost no competitors. There are other art-related decentralized platforms, and they include:
- Maecenas (ART), a decentralized marketplace for buying and selling fine art. Famous paintings are divided into digitized financial units that are more affordable than whole art pieces. Their goal is to democratize art ownership by allowing art investments without intermediaries, in a transparent and efficient way.
- Monart (MART), an ERC-20 token that relies on the Ethereum protocol to provide the safest environment and ecosystem for all art-related transactions and activities. Monart plans to work with a large number of exchanges to ensure the liquidity of their token, providing their users with simple and highly-secured wallets accessible on a wide range of devices.
Although it is still very early to say, TheArtToken has great potential. It is evident that the team knows what they’re doing and have a great understanding of the relevant industries, as well as prior experience in token crowdfunding. With important partnerships in place, they will certainly receive the support they need in implementing their idea.
That said, information on some team members is impossible to find and they have no social media channels, which might hamper their good intentions and negatively affect their trustworthiness. We hope this will change soon and we will be provided with more information on this visionary project.
By Sead Fadilpasic