What is TokenPay?
TokenPay is a decentralized cryptocurrency and a platform focused on providing fast, secure and private transactions for its users.
TokenPay aims to make real-banking experience by allowing its users and merchants to transact in crypto and receive fiat settlement, directly to their bank accounts. They have plans to release that allowing users to make a purchase wherever the credit and debit cards are accepted.
Real World Problem
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have a ‘scalability problem’ which makes their transactions are slow and expensive. Also, all transactions are pseudo-anonymous, means that they are traceable.
TokenPay is using Proof of Stake algorithm to reach the consensus on the network. It makes TokenPay’s transaction is faster, cheaper and more energy efficient than Bitcoin.
Proof of Stake is a consensus algorithm where instead of miners, the key role in generating new coins has taken by the holders of TokenPay who are helping the network by holding TPAYs coins in their wallets and for that job, they’re rewarded with newly generated TPAYs.
Also, TokenPay combines ring signatures, dual-key stealth address and Zero-Knowledge Proof making the transactions on TokenPay Blockchain completely anonymous and untraceable.
- Dual-key Stealth Address – It is a process in which sender use recipient public address and transform it to a one-time address which is unlike any other one-time address or public address. The recipient is the only one who can link all of the payments together.
- Zero-Knowledge Proof – Is a cryptography method that is used to prove that the transfer of the asset is valid. In this process, a party proves another party that a given statement is true without revealing any information.
- Ring signatures – are allowing any user of a group to perform a digital signature. Each of the members has a key to sign a message, but it is impossible to know which members have generated the signature.
- Tor network – All TokenPay transactions will be performed using this distributed anonymous network providing users with better security and privacy.
- Multi-Signature Transactions – This feature allows users to use special transactions in which multiple people need to sign a transaction before the intended funds have transferred to the specific address. This feature will help in providing escrow service for TokenPay users.
- TokenPay SCI or Secure Communication Interface – is a peer-to-peer instant encrypted messaging system that allows private conversation when using TokenPay wallets.
As of 12/18/2018, the price of TokenPay (TPAY) is somewhere around $0.73 USD (+5.83%) with a market capitalization of $11,456,159 USD and a daily volume of $309,414 USD.
- Circulating supply: 15,719,379 TPAY
- Total Supply: 19,711,688 TPAY
- Maximum Supply: 25,000,000 TPAY
ATH price of TPAY was $9.57 USD on 4/22/2018. ATH market cap was 146,434,772 USD on 4/22/2018.
- Token Sale: Lasted from the 7th to the 26th December 2017
- Ticker: TPAY
- ICO price: 1 TPAY = 5.46 USD
- Fundraising goal: 40,900,000 USD
- Raised: $40,900,000
- Token Type: Own Blockchain
News and Updates
- Details of the partnership between TokenPay and WEG bank AG
- Report of TokenPay ecosystem for May 2018
For all news and updates check Here
The TokenPay team consists of 15 members.
- Derek Capo is the TokenPay’s CEO, formerly he was a Vice President of International Relations at RoboTerra, founder of Next Step China LLC, and Co-Founder of eFin.com. He has BBA in Finance at Florida International University.
- Steven Stanfield is the CMO at TokenPay. Formerly he has worked as an account manager at Cheetah Digital.
- Joey Pacetti is the CFO at TokenPay. Joey is currently the Vice President at Capital Bank Financial Corp, he holds Masters of accounting, at Florida International University – College of Business Administration.
For more info about the team and advisory board check Here
- WEG Bank AG – TokenPay intends to provide Blue Diamond debit cards with the help of WEG Bank AG. WEG Bank will enable consumers and merchants to integrate FinTech and blockchain technology and services.
- Verge – TokenPay has contributed 66,500,000 XVG to the Verge crowdfunding campaign. They will work on getting a debit card and will try to achieve a bigger adoption together.
- eFin – Is a decentralized private trading hub of the Tokenpay ecosystem which will help in the further adoption of TPAY coins. TPAY, LTC, and XVG holders will receive EFIN coins through a rewards distribution program which will be the only way to acquire EFIN coins.
- Litecoin foundation – The partnership will focus on the TPAY cryptocurrency and its vital blockchain, eFin decentralized exchange (DEX) and the EFIN coin, TokenSuisse asset management and structured financial products, WEG Bank FinTech platform including high demand consumer debit cards and the TokenPay Multisignature Transaction Engine designed for processing fast and secure crypto e-commerce payments for merchants.
- Esports.io – TokenPay is working on Esports.io. More details about this partnership remain secret as they haven’t disclosed yet.
- Telegram: 14.582 members
- Facebook: 13.708 followers
- Twitter: 26.8k followers
There are a lot of so-called ‘privacy coins’ in the crypto-space, but Zcash, Monero, Zerocoin, and Dash are the major competitors.
Zcash uses zk-Snark proofs technology for private transactions. It allows shielded transactions (fully encrypted on the blockchain) to be verified according to the network’s consensus rules.
Monero is using ring signatures and stealth addresses to obfuscate the amounts and destinations of all transactions to make them untraceable and anonymous.
Zcoin allows private and untraceable transactions. Users are minting their coins, and by doing this, they are making a new coin that has no transaction history and is unconnectable with unminted coins.
Dash is using PrivateSend feature to obfuscate transactions and making them private. This has done with the help of the decentralized network of masternodes that has rewarded for confirming transactions.
This company has made a coin that has combined all the advanced features of other privacies coins to make an ecosystem for anonymous and untraceable transactions. It also uses TOR network which adds extra protection to users.
A partnership with WEG Bank AG and issuance of Blue Diamond international debit card will solve liquidity problem by allowing a user to spend their coins everywhere.
They have a nice social media presence, and they make some good strategic partnerships with Verge and Litecoin which are both good projects with a long history.
Although it has many competitors, this is a solid project with good technology and a nice adoption strategy.
By Nikola Radojkovic